Our insurance regulations require that:
1. No one under 16 may use the arena or grounds without adult supervision.
2. Members only may use the arena and grounds.
3. No stallions to be ridden by anyone under 21 years-of-age.
4. Please put away all equipment after use.
5. The use of riding helmets is encouraged.
City Park Regulations require that:
NO horses may be ridden in Kendall Young Park.
- Committee is responsible for staffing office, cook stand and arena.
- Secure a volunteer judge, ring persons, announcer, gate person, office help & cook stand helpers.
- Classes for Show try to keep show to 16 classes with a mixture of pleasure & timed events. Limit halter/showmanship and horsemanship classes to the one youth show due to time constraints.
- Type up Show Class Schedule and run copies for show. Entry fee is $3.00 a person all night or $9.00 for family all night.
- Check arena before show mow and trim as necessary. Check with Bruce Coleman about working up arena.
- Cook stand Board of Directors will keep cook stand stocked with pop and other necessities. Menu includes Walking Tacos, loose meat sandwiches and hot dogs. Committee should bring 5 pounds of cooked beef to serve. Committee should also bring homemade bars or cookies. Call Tom De La Riva with questions.
- At the close of the show, put entries and placing sheets in the file box in entry office for Secretary to post points.
- CANCELLATIONS If bad weather forces cancellation of the show, call one of the Board of Directors to confirm and then call KQWC to list the cancellation.
Back to the top